Kamen Tall Architects is looking for a candidate with three to five years’ experience in facade restoration, historic preservation, FISP work, adaptive reuse, general restoration, and traditional design. Our projects involve buildings in New York City and Westchester County, NY and many are historically significant. The successful candidate will report directly to Senior Project Managers and work with Project Managers, Assistant Project Managers, and Technical Staff.
Kamen Tall Architects is a highly motivated professional team. We offer competitive compensation, a generous paid time off policy, healthcare coverage, dental coverage, a 401k match, and hybrid, flex, and remote work options for full-time employees. We work in a supportive studio environment and are accommodating to the individual needs of each employee. KTA is dedicated to supporting professionals in their career advancement goals.
The successful candidate will have extensive construction administration and inspection experience. Excellent drawing and detailing skills will be required. In addition, the position requires report generation, drawing/detailing review, client and contractor coordination, and project management skills. The applicant will be expected to perform scaffold inspections on certain projects. Direct client interaction will also be expected.
Immediate availability is preferred.
We are interested in candidates with a professional degree in architecture or experience in a relevant field such as engineering or preservation.
- BArch, MArch, BEng, or equivalent degree from an accredited U.S. Architecture or Engineering School is preferred.
- Talent and passion for restoration, façade repair, and adaptive reuse projects.
- Highly knowledgeable about restoration and facade repair work.
- Certified or willing to become certified to perform scaffold inspections.
- Responsive and dependable to meet deadlines.
- Ability to develop construction documents based on field exploration and interact directly with clients, contractors, and consultants.
- Experience with NYC DOB, LPC, and other regulatory agency filings.
- Ability to develop details and think critically to solve unforeseen field conditions.
- Ability to adapt easily to changes in project needs.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to track multiple projects.
- Excellent visual, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and display enthusiasm for working with our team.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team setting and adapt to office standards.
- Excellent drawing and sketching skills required.
- Fluency in Revit and AutoCAD is required.
- Suspended Scaffold user or SPRAT certification is a plus.
- Ability to use construction administration software such as PlanGrid is preferred.
- Ability to use (SketchUp, Rhino, InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop) is preferred.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States. All applicants who are not U.S. citizens must describe their status to work in the United States, including visa type and duration.