MONTALBA ARCHITECTS, INC., is a design-focused and high-service architectural practice based in Santa Monica, California with a satellite office in Lausanne, Switzerland. We work with a wide range of local and international clients and our body of work consists of private residences, hospitality, commercial and retail projects.
Our LA office is located within the Bergamot Station Art campus in Santa Monica; amongst art galleries and the Metro Expo line station. We have a studio-like atmosphere where individuals can focus and inspire each other. We invite people that have high expectations for their own work, are good problem solvers and enjoy a collaborative work environment to apply.
Our LA office is seeking a Technical Architect who has a strong interest in constructability and experience in high-level Construction Documents.
- Completion of BArch or MArch Degree
- 5-15 years post-graduate experience in an Architectural office
- Strong verbal, written and graphic communication skills
- Attentive to detail and organized
- Self-critical and proactive in solving problems
- Passionate about doing great work and eager to grow in your career
- Proficient in leading a team to craft highly-detailed Construction Documents
- Has a strong knowledge in building components and systems
- Experienced in managing consultants and vendors
- Has a good understanding of codes and regulations in the United States
- Proficient in Construction Administration phase and able to manage contractors
- Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, Sketchup and Adobe Creative Suites
- Experience in Sustainability focused project is a plus
This is a full-time, salaried position. We provide a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We support growth within the office and encourage professional development.
No phone calls, please. Apply by emailing us at email@example.com and add ‘Architect I / II (Technical)’ in the subject. Limit file size to 10 MB max and include CD drawing samples in submission, please. We will review all submitted work and contact selected candidates for an interview. Due to the high volume of applications, please note that we are not able to respond to all applicants. Thank you.
$75K - $115K annually