Peninsula Architects is an architectural design firm that offers dedication and responsiveness to its clients. We provide a depth of experience produced by years of creating distinctive spaces and unique works of architecture. If you enjoy solving challenges with a creative, collaborative team that celebrates one another’s ideas and expertise, this opportunity might be for you.
At Peninsula, we believe in creating unique and enduring architecture that provides exceptional long-term value to institutions, communities, and the people who inhabit our buildings. Our firm is involved in a mix of project types including residential, light commercial, civic, and parks among many others. You will participate in a variety of project types and contribute to our growing portfolio of award-winning work.
We have a lively culture, with a group of exceptional designers working out of a historic building in the middle of the Cuyahoga Valley National Park. The team encourages feedback; recognizing and appreciating the intellectual diversity of each individual. Every idea matters and solutions are generated through robust discussion through the meeting of great minds. Inquire about joining us in our Ohio studio if you would like to work in an environment conducive to creating timeless, sustainable design.
Architectural Designer Job Responsibilities
• Research, plan, and design building projects for clients, apply knowledge of architectural design, construction detailing, construction procedures, and building materials and systems
• Utilize computer-assisted design software
• Produce documents and specifications for permit and construction
• Work with a Project Manager in preparing drawings and specification documents for the Schematic Design, Design Development, and Construction Document phases
• Work in tandem with highly collaborative multi-discipline design teams
• Work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Research and coordination of materials and products for project specifications
• Grow in skills and leadership with the goal of managing projects and design teams in the future
Work Hours and Benefits
• 40 hour work week, hours are somewhat flexible. Occasional remote working.
• Health insurance benefits (vision and dental also available)
• 3% of salary contributed by the office into 401k