About the Firm
Centerbrook Architects in Essex, Connecticut is looking for an experienced well-rounded Architect. We are a nationally recognized design firm of 65 people. Located in an old factory, in a beautiful small town, we pride ourselves in carefully crafting buildings across the country. We do not specialize in building types but focus on planning and designing special buildings in complex locations. Project types range from the 200,000sf renovation and expansion of the Yale Peabody Museum to single-family homes.
Our staff participates in the full duration of projects, from concept design to completion. We have a full wood shop and maker lab to encourage digital and hands-on fabrication. Our campus of mill buildings is powered using hydro and solar energy, read more about us here: https://centerbrook.com/about/
About the Position
We are looking for someone who is passionate about Architecture and design that has experience through all of the design phases. We are seeking a team-oriented person who enjoys working with others to detail and document projects.
- Master’s Degree in Architecture or a 5 year bachelor equivalent + 3 years relevant experience
- Familiar with United States code and zoning requirements
- Able to create both construction details and conceptual massing in REVIT
- Develop clear strategies / diagrams/ architectural presentations to represent architectural concepts and design intention for meetings with clients using Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Collaborate and coordinate architectural design with consultant teams on structure, MEP systems, structural systems, and green building strategies.
- Manage a REVIT BIM model in-house and with consultants
- Vaccinated against Covid 19 as per CDC guidelines
If interested please email your credentials to Join@centerbrook.com