Graphite Design Group is looking for a BIM Manager to join our multi-disciplinary team. As a BIM Manager, you will provide team support, daily model management, administration, and maintenance. The BIM Manager plays a critical role in delivering high-quality data enriched models and the resulting drawings to our clients. BIM Managers also support and contribute to design investigation, and research and implement new digital design technology products.
Duties & Responsibilities
The ideal BIM Manager candidate is an Architect / Architectural Designer who is also a CAD+Revit expert. Primary responsibilities include management and coordination of BIM standards development, implementation, and enforcement on all related BIM projects, files and models for both our Commercial and Retail groups, in addition to supporting initial project model set up, researching and responding to team questions as models are further developed. This person will also develop processes and on-going in-house training for individuals and groups with skillsets ranging from Revit/CAD novices to Intermediate users – with special emphasis on best-practices and lessons learned. We anticipate that this teammate will divide time equally between participating as an active project contributor and providing firm-wide Revit leadership, assistance and support.
- Oversee and maintain office-wide BIM and design technology systems.
- Consistently apply Quality Control procedures and takes ownership of their work.
- Develop and draft architectural and engineering site plans, floor plans, building elevations, building sections, and details, assist management in preparing proposals and generating correspondence for clients and project managers.
- Contribute to the documentation, dissemination, and monitoring of standards, best practices, and industry advancements.
- Maintain and comply with Graphite’s client-specific standards (CAD, File Management, etc.).
- Coordinate and provide on-going application training.
- Research developments in the industry to “keep ahead of the curve” so that all Revit users have the appropriate tools & skillsets to be productive.
- Source and/or provide Revit/CAD training through a combination of onsite, remote or online training courses, geared toward making most effective use of Revit in the architectural process.
- Assist with general design technology related helpdesk tasks including maintenance and roll out of software.
- Ensure that project models are set-up and maintained according to firm standards.
- Support projects with the necessary information and resources.
- Participate in project kick-off meetings to identify tasks and issues relating to project teams and collaboration; identify and resolve project specific issues in setting up the Revit model. Establish project Revit/CAD system for all new projects with team leaders.
- Oversee and manage BIM process for the project duration and ensure all stakeholders are in alignment with the Project BIM Protocols.
- Participate in occasional team meetings to help resolve project issues such as coordination, scheduling, and technical concerns.
- Maintain the firm’s BIM standards and documentation.
- Update system-wide BIM/CAD libraries with appropriate graphic and written assets from current building codes, energy codes, and requirements of regulatory agencies.
- Coordinate the development and maintenance of Revit families. Enforce the usage of these digital library templates and assets per office digital guidelines across all Graphite projects.
- Provide leadership to the firm’s Revit support group. Conduct periodic intra-office coordination meetings relating to Revit/CAD.
- Maintain consistent, in-person and punctual office attendance.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Architecture or related field required.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in architecture, engineering or construction-related field.
- Demonstrated expertise with Autodesk Revit, related software and add-ins, with a minimum of eight (8) years of professional experience using the software.
- Familiarity with Network technologies and platforms (Microsoft)
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Navisworks and Rhino. SketchUp and other 3D software is a plus.
- Experience with working in BIM 360.
- Experience with different project types and sectors - Retail, Commercial, Hospitality, Multi-Family, etc.
- Experience coordinating digital design models with consultants and/or contractors.
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion, setting priorities and managing competing demands.
- Dynamo/Grasshopper or other programming skills are a plus, targeting appropriate and applicable uses for those tools throughout the work we do.
- Experience with electronic file transfers (email, SharePoint, FTP, Box, DropBox, etc.)
- Experience with Program Management and Project collaboration software, such as ProCore, and BlueBeam.
- Experience with the MS Office suite and other business software (Microsoft 365 a plus).
- Familiarity with AutoCAD/BIM (Revit) programming languages (LISP/VBA/ARX) is a plus.
- Ability to encourage and train effectively and tactfully, in-person and via web conference.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Normal office environment with moderate noise levels, occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs., regular walking, sitting, bending, twisting, standing, and reaching.
We work hard at Graphite but recognize the importance of having fun while doing what we love. Social activities and group events are encouraged, like participating in community and volunteer events, sports teams, regular sketch group lunchtime outings, and monthly “happy hours” to celebrate new employees and birthdays, just to name a few.
We support flexible hours with our telecommuting policy while providing comprehensive and competitive benefits including full medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage, 401(k) matching and a commuter subsidy.
Employee development and growth are part of Graphite’s DNA, and we provide regular learning, training, and opportunities to attend conferences of interest and report back to the greater group.
At Graphite, design is a collaborative experience in which we encourage every employee to share their creativity, whether in team charrettes or everyday work, believing the best ideas remain yet to be discovered.
If you are the successful candidate, you align with our Core Values of Integrity, Technical Know-How, Exceptional Client Service and Stewardship, and you are a positive individual who works well independently as well as part of a dynamic and highly qualified team.
Applicants that meet the job description requirements will be considered, please submit your cover letter, resume & portfolio (10mb max, no online links, PDF only) referencing “BIM Manager” in the subject line of your correspondence to: Info@graphitedesigngroup.com
Graphite is a creative, award winning architecture and interior design firm based in Seattle, WA.
We are a group of architects dedicated to the idea that thoughtfully designed architecture has the ability to positively impact everyone who touches it – owners, developers, builders, tenants, and neighbors alike.
Our work is a mix of Commercial Office, Mixed-use, High and Low-rise Residential, Retail stores and programs, Retail Centers, Financial Services, Data Centers, and Community Centers in support of Graphite’s charitable endeavors. We are looking for talented, creative, inquisitive, and self-motivated individuals to join our like-minded design team.