Bring your problem-solving mindset, entrepreneurial spirit, and established expertise to WJE's Dallas office, where we are hiring for an ownership-level, Building Enclosure Consultant. Typical responsibilities include:
- Technical project execution, including performing and training others in hands-on field work; applying sound judgment and a deep understanding of governing codes, design guidelines, and various building enclosure systems for analysis, detailing, and repair design; preparing technically excellent client deliverables; and providing high-quality reviews of work by others
- Project management, including client development, project scoping, assembling and managing appropriate project teams, maintaining project schedules and budgets, and managing client expectations and deliverables
- Collaboration with interdisciplinary project teams, including providing expertise for a variety of building envelope projects (e.g., roofing, waterproofing, curtain wall, fenestrations, troubleshooting of existing envelope systems, enclosure commissioning (BECx), and/or specialty consulting of new enclosure systems from design through construction)
- Contributions to company-wide objectives through mentoring, participation in office and company development initiatives, participation with in-house Technical Resource Groups (TRGs), involvement in professional organizations, and business development to attract new and repeat clients
- Registered Architect (RA), Professional Engineer (PE), or Registered Roof Consultant (RRC); other relevant professional certifications will be considered with relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree or better in Architecture, Architectural Engineering, Building Science, Civil Engineering, or related field; master's degree preferred
- Minimum eight years in the industry, including significant technical experience in architectural detailing of building envelope systems, roofing systems, and waterproofing systems, particularly at the interface of different building enclosure systems, assemblies, or components; architectural peer reviews; building science and performance evaluation, including condensation, moisture, relative humidity, and thermal analysis; peer review; commissioning; and/or new construction consulting
- Established expertise with some or all of the following materials and systems: facades, curtain walls, fenestrations, glazing systems, sealants and coatings, insulation, air barriers, weather barriers, cladding assemblies, low-slope roofing, steep-slope roofing, below-grade waterproofing, plaza/terrace waterproofing, traffic coatings, green roofs, etc.
- Effective technical, graphical, written, and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated competence in transitioning quickly between multiple priorities while maintaining effective coworker and client relationships
- View full job posting for a representative list of physical requirements that must be met by an employee, with or without reasonable accommodations, to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
WHY WISS, JANNEY, ELSTNER ASSOCIATES, INC. (WJE)
With more than 65 years of experience in the forensic structural, materials, and architectural engineering field, WJE Associates have the opportunity to learn from and grow alongside industry-leading experts (locally and company-wide) in a challenging yet collaborative environment, supported by our collective technical knowledge and state-of-the-art laboratory and testing capabilities.
WJE is an employee-owned company that employs a diverse group of C2E2 people—people with outstanding Character, unwavering Commitment to our core and culture, strong Expertise, and genuine Enthusiasm for their work. Our extraordinary people enjoy a fulfilling and flexible work environment: one that is inclusive and genuinely values and fairly treats every employee; one that is based on trust and personal responsibility; one that encourages open communication, continued learning, innovative thinking, excellence, and teamwork; and one that provides each employee a combined opportunity for personal, professional, and financial growth that is unsurpassed in our business. Learn more at www.wje.com/careers
WJE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite all qualified applicants to apply including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans (VEVRAA federal contractor).
WJE will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Fair Chance Ordinances.
Annual starting base salary (gross): $98,400 to $158,500. Actual salaries will vary and will be based on several factors including consideration for a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiency for the role. Base salary is one component of our total compensation package for employees. WJE offers an industry-leading total rewards package that enables our employees to grow and thrive with comprehensive health and financial benefits including robust and affordable health plans, generous 401(k) matching and bonus programs, time off to care for yourself and others, and investments in employees’ professional development, to name a few. More information on WJE’s total rewards package can be found at www.wje.com/careers/employment-benefits.
We look forward to connecting with you soon.