RZAPS - Ricardo Zurita Architecture & Planning is a collaborative, award-winning firm with a focus on projects that enliven public life in the city.
Our projects are within a broad spectrum of types including new and renovation of public buildings, as well as the design of public spaces. Our mission is to develop designs that are process-driven in collaboration with our stakeholders, i.e., city and state agencies, community-based groups, and private clients.
We are currently one of the firms selected by NYC for their Project Excellence program.
We are looking for a Communications Director, with a design background, to assist us with marketing and business development efforts for high-profile public projects for both private clients and public agencies.
Responsibilities shall include:
- Manage client, consultant and vendor communications involving office management including tracking agreements and payments.
- Research appropriate press placements, create press kits and press releases, manage media inquiries, and write proposals for new projects.
- With our IT consultant, manage activities of office IT including software.
- Administer staff benefits in coordination with our bookkeeper and accountant, including supervising employee project-time tracking & scheduling, tracking vacation & benefits.
- Manage personnel functions, including recruitment, coordinating interviews, hiring, employee benefits, compensation programs, and record keeping.
- Serve as liaison with our insurance broker for certificates, renewals, proposals.
- Maintain and update written standards for office procedures.
The candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited university (BArch or MFA are pluses)
- Minimum 3 years of similar experience, preferably with an architectural or design firm
- Strong organizational and collaborative work skills
- Develop and direct social media activities
- Experience responding to Requests for Qualifications/Proposals (RFQ/RFP)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Workspace and Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong graphic design capabilities
- Excellent written and spoken English
Qualified candidates should submit by email a resume along with samples of their work in PDF format, not to exceed 10MB. Please reference “Communications Director” in the subject line.
No phone calls.
WORKING AT RZAPS We provide a collaborative professional work environment in an open studio steps from Bryant Park. Our team is comprised of a diverse, dedicated staff who participate in producing iconic designs of high quality. The professionalism of our staff is recognized with competitive salaries with excellent benefits, including health insurance benefits, 401K, a profit-sharing plan, and other benefits.
CURRENTLY OUR WORK WEEK IS PARTIALLY REMOTE.