DBI Projects is a growing, multidisciplinary firm that plans and manages real estate and capital projects. Since 2002, DBI has partnered with a diverse list of non-profit, public, and private clients to execute ambitious projects in the New York City region and around the globe. DBI values team members who are hungry to grow, who have the ability and drive to work hard, who are detail-oriented, and who are not afraid to take on new assignments and endeavors while implementing a results-driven attitude.
As the Communications Manager of a dynamic firm, you will be the primary storyteller, responsible for the creation and dissemination of a diverse range of marketing materials to support the company’s ongoing growth and expansion into new markets. This is a unique opportunity to expand the firm’s communications and brand strategy, working closely with firm leadership to tell compelling stories about our company, our projects, our approach, and our people. A successful Communications Manager will be an effective project manager in addition to a creative storyteller.
You will spearhead the firm’s communications strategy through the following responsibilities:
- Strategic Planning: In collaboration with firm leadership, develop and oversee the execution of a clear, intelligent, and achievable communication strategy across various internal and external-facing materials. Establish and maintain a timely content calendar for the production and publication of materials.
- Content Development and Management: Develop and manage content for DBI’s proposals, presentations, resumes, website, social media channels, and all other digital and print content. Devise and execute integrated strategies and campaigns that elevate awareness of DBI and our differentiators.
- Website Management: Regularly update and maintain DBI’s existing website through WordPress. Manage the reimagination and redevelopment of DBI’s website.
- Story Creation and Promotion: Celebrate and support the DBI community through dynamic and engaging storytelling. Seek out and create stories from within our ranks and among our work and find the best routes to share them.
- Marketing Information Database Management: Regularly update and maintain DBI’s marketing information database.
- Marketing KPI Management: Monitor marketing KPIs and analyze data to improve effectiveness.
- Media Relations Management: Oversee media relations, ensuring that we continually increase visibility and proactively promote the firm and its accomplishments. Manage external PR team and support the creation and dissemination of media releases.
- Brand Management: Actively advance DBI’s brand strategy, updating and creating new standards and ensuring alignment across all materials produced and disseminated.
Key Skills & Experience:
You have professional experience as a writer for a range of audiences, and you can effectively assess and understand new and technical concepts, translating them into clear, compelling copy. An understanding of and interest in the real estate and construction industries is a major plus, as is any graphic design proclivities. A working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (especially Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere), WordPress, Hubspot, Smartsheets, and Trello will be helpful as well.
If this role aligns with your interests and ambitions, but you feel you don’t meet all the qualifications as listed here, please apply anyway! We are interested in candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
At DBI, we believe that being a team player is the key to success. We seek to hire individuals who embody our ideals of hunger, humility, and smartness in their approach.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and relevant work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.