Design Technology Director
OJB is committed to delivering world class projects by equipping our team with the most advanced digital technologies available. Our goal is to create an ecosystem that aligns our progressive approach to design with the most advanced and innovative technical design tools used in every phase of the design process, from conveying conceptual ideas to final construction drawings.
The Design Technology Director will focus on innovating OJB’s digital practice by researching, testing, selecting, and implementing new design technologies and platforms across the firm and optimizing digital documentation workflows. The Design Technology Director will develop and implement digital design best practices and coordinate firm-wide adoption of new software. This position will require expert level proficiency in currently available 2D, 3D and VR visualization technologies, including AutoCAD, Lumion, Rhino, SketchUp and Revit. The Design Technology Director will also be familiar with AI and parametric technologies. This role is key to OJB delivering the highest value and best design outcomes for our clients.
The preferred location for this role is Solana Beach, CA. Candidates available to work in Houston, TX will also be considered.
- Innovate OJB’s portfolio of design tools: research new AI, visualization and documentation technologies and integrate into workflows firm-wide
- Evaluate and oversee the development and implementation of computational design tools and libraries for spatial analytics and generative design
- Increase adoption of Revit and improve BIM capabilities across the firm and ensure seamless integration of design and construction models
- Update and streamline documentation standards, specifications, and workflow
- Make design information accessible to project teams consistently across offices
- Develop training and change management tools to educate and train design team on new software technologies and platforms
- Articulate technology strategic plan across all levels of the organization and gain buy-in from all stakeholders
- Undergraduate or master’s degree in landscape architecture, architecture interior design or equivalent, with at least 7 years of experience in design practice
- Firm grasp and practical experience using design, documentation, and visualization tools such as: AutoCAD, Rhino, Lumion, and SketchUp
- Expertise and practical background in Autodesk Revit and related BIM software
- Track record of embracing change and early adoption of innovative technologies and tools
- Reliable, responsive, able to set priorities and manage competing demands and adhere to deadlines
At OJB, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. OJB believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.