Supports the work of 1 or more team members and displays judgement and independent thinking in the design process. Position is 70% designer / 30% project manager. Position can be in any of our HLB offices. Please visit https://hlblighting.com/careers/ to apply.
Achieving Results – Project Responsibilities
- Use critical thinking and discretion in assessing specific project needs and communicating effectively to the project manager.
- Begin to familiarize/learn the process for reviewing monthly fee drafts with Project Manager/Associate/Principal.
- Begins to understand how to apply authorized scope of work to tasks and meet deadlines.
- Assist in managing agendas, meeting minutes, and regular project status communications to build knowledge in these areas.
- Work independently on specific scopes of a project like calculations or documentation.
- Supports the team to produce work efficiently and profitably.
- Assists the project manager in creating labor hour budgets for projects. Working with Clients – Client Responsibilities
- Develop good client and/or related business relationships.
- Enhance HLB’s value to the client and promote the firm.
- Use communication tools to manage client expectations.
Working with Clients – Client Responsibilities
- Starts to develop good client and/or related business relationships - working well with their equal at other firms
- Enhance HLB’s value to the client and promote the firm
- Uses communication tools to manage client expectations
Working with Teammates and Managers – Management Responsibilities
- Exhibit flexibility and cooperation with teammates.
- Manage own work time and priorities and show ability to also do this with the project team.
- Understand good framework for resolving issues.
- Interface among the principals, design/technical staff and business team as needed.
HLB’s Corporate Culture and Values – Responsibilities to HLB initiatives
- Participation in and contribution to procedures and environment that are in the best interest of the firm.
- Represent the firm in a professional manner.
- Participation in Designing Our Future/HLB 10:10 Vision, C2Q initiatives.
- Reinforce HLB values – Artistry, Curiosity, Balance, Integrity, Legacy.
- Look for opportunities to collaborate with other HLB offices on project, DOF, C2Q, business workgroup avenues in a meaningful way.
- Excellent Organizational skills
- Proven technical skills appropriate to work area
- Oral and written skills
- Computer programs: Revit, Excel, Word, Power Point, Adobe Suite including Acrobat, Photoshop and InDesign, AutoCAD, AGI or Visual or Elum Tools, Diva, Grasshopper, Ecotect, Radiance, Daysim, Rhino, Radiance, Vision - as applicable to their role or business group
- Ability to prioritize / time management skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Team player
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Lighting Design or Architectural Engineering or Architecture or Interior Design or Theatrical Lighting or related education and experience
- 2 to 4 years’ experience
- Certification in Lighting Design (e.g. LC) or certification related to their field / degree or endeavoring to obtain it.
- LEED BD+C or endeavors to achieve
- IALD Associate level or above or endeavoring to obtain it.
- Participate in industry related professional organizations locally
$57,000 to $76,000
The final agreed upon compensation is based on cost of living, individual education, qualifications, and experience.
Benefit Clause: Includes but not limited to Medical, Dental & Vision plans, flexible spending account, 401(k) plans, life & AD&D insurance, short/long term disability plans, holidays, and paid time off.
SummaryWe are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed (which includes religious dress and grooming practices), color, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, familial and marital status, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, domestic victim status, caregiver status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations. Horton Lees Brogden Lighting Design takes affirmative action in support of its policy to and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Horton Lees Brogden Lighting Design is an internationally recognized design firm focused on architectural lighting, including electric lighting and daylighting, for both interior and exterior environments. We are inspired by the artistry of light and its impact on the natural and architectural environment. We infuse our core values of artistry, legacy, curiosity, balance, and integrity into every project. We thrive with intriguing projects that engage us conceptually and challenge us technically. We seek to enhance our clients' experiences and create a legacy of design that respects its environment and promotes a better future. Our services are customized to provide the best lighted environments to meet our clients' needs.
HLB is a collaborative firm that values flexibility and work/life balance filled with dynamic people whose enthusiasm for what we do infuses both our professional and personal lives. We are driven by an experienced team that is rewarded for its originality, commitment, and leadership. Our principals are engaged in every project from concept to commissioning to ensure the clients' needs are realized at every step. Our design and technical experts hail from many parts of the world and form the basis for HLB's proven ability to produce outstanding, award-winning designs.
As designers, we promote a positive vision of the future, based upon the belief that many of the environmental problems we face are design challenges. We believe a successful project starts with a collaborative mind-set in support of a common goal: to achieve energy-effective, high-quality environments for owners through intelligent lighting design, design that holistically integrates daylight with supplemental light and controls. Our designers work closely with owners and architectural teams to optimize the integration and control of natural and electric lighting for energy-effective designs of the highest excellence.
Position can be in any of our HLB offices. Please visit https://hlblighting.com/careers/ to apply.