AN Media Group is the most authoritative voice on architecture and design in the United States.
We serve up news via print, digital, and events to a community of architects, engineers, designers, academics, developers, contractors, and others interested in the built environment. AN Media draws thousands of professionals to our Facades+ and TECH+ conferences held across the country.
Our award-winning New York City–based B-to-B media company has been publishing for 20 years in the architecture and design edit space.
The Events Marketing Manager role sits within the AN Marketing Team. This position interfaces with the Marketing and Sales teams as well as company leadership to manage event planning, budgeting, and execution, as well as the development of our audience. They ensure that the event marketing strategy and goals are consistent with those of the organization. This role requires precise attention to detail, the ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously, and the aptitude to see ideas through from concept to execution. The Events Marketing Manager has a comprehensive approach to the success of events across multiple touch points -- from conference planning and management to end-to-end event marketing strategy. This leader works alongside the senior management team to develop new revenue-driving ideas to help influence the financial growth of the business.
Events Marketing Manager |Responsibilities
- Works with the marketing leadership team to create and manage the annual calendar for events and conferences; live and virtual events.
- Responsible for tracking and managing budgets for all events.
- Responsible for researching, negotiating contracts, and securing spaces for conferences.
- Responsible for setting up run of show and onsite management for virtual and live events.
- Oversees conference venue logistics, both prior to and during events (including but not limited to scheduling, use of space, conference setup, vendor management, AV services, catering, etc).
- Is willing to chip in as needed to support the team and help get the job done.
Event Marketing Strategy and Brand Management
- Implements and manages marketing initiatives to help drive successful events. Including but not limited to providing insights to drive registration, making improvements to email marketing and social media campaigns, and overseeing audience development strategy.
- Supervises the production of each event with a small marketing team to establish processes, oversee production, and ensure goals are met.
- Works alongside senior leadership to brainstorm and generate new ideas to drive company revenue.
- Helps to oversee the execution of new marketing ideas for AN Media’s brand offerings.
- Collaborates in the planning of non-conference, branded special events.
Events Marketing Manager | Required Skills
- 2-5 years of relevant event planning or marketing experience.
- Best in class leadership and communication skills.
- Must know excel and be proficient in managing and reviewing budget numbers with leadership team
- Experience managing a budget and negotiating with vendors.
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently and prioritize under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Extraordinary organizational skills with constant attention to detail.
- Experience managing a slate of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and Google Docs/Sheets.
- An interest in the architecture and design industry.
- Able to travel to conferences as necessary.
- $55,000 - $60,000 based on experience.
- 401(k) with company matching 1%
- Health insurance options, including Medical, Dental and Vision
- Generous time-off schedule plus holidays and birthday time off, and summer Fridays.
This job is located New York, NY—Hybrid.
To apply for this position, please email Katherine Ross with your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.