L’Observatoire International is seeking a senior lighting designer to join its team in New York.
Award winning architectural lighting design firm looking for a full time senior lighting designer with at least five years’ of relevant work experience in lighting design in Manhattan. The candidate should be a professional who is exceptionally well organized, resourceful, conscientious, dedicated and detail-oriented with very good written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills. Exciting Projects. Colloborative Team Environment.
- five to seven years’ work experience with an understanding in lighting design across architectural, interior and landscape design projects
- ability to direct and lead staff and crew in lighting projects
- proficiency in AutoCAD/Revit
- developed skills in 3D modeling software
- advanced knowledge in Adobe suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Acrobat) and MS Office
- excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and superb ability to multi-task
- strong sensibility and appreciation for design communication
- time management skills and the ability to work on multiple projects
The role of senior lighting designer requires special knowledge and skills, typically acquired through direct work experience.
Lighting designer duties and responsibilities at L’Observatoire shall include:
- completing all phases of project lighting design, starting from the original conception to final phases
- directing and reviewing the work of junior lighting designers and lighting interns
- provide lighting design solutions appropriate to client brief, budget and relevant standards
- attend client and design team meetings, sometimes involving national and/or international travel
- prepare presentations to clients
- develop lighting design solutions (i.e. engineering exercise) – lighting calculations, research of fixture alternatives, review of fixture samples, construction of temporary mockups
- oversee the documentation of the lighting design via CAD layouts, lighting details, light fixture schedules, lighting control specifications
- plan and execute lighting mockups as needed throughout the project
- review cost estimates of project lighting specifications and adjust lighting design to meet owner’s budget
- review construction progress of lighting installation at project site and issue field reports to design team
- supervise final aiming of light fixtures and lighting controls programming
We are a New York City-based lighting design office collaborating with prominent architectural firms world-wide. Please visit L’Observatoire’s website for a review of our portfolio.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Great Benefits for full time employees include healthcare, 401K plan, PTO and excellent opportunity for growth for right candidate!
No telephone calls. Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
$80,000 - $100,000 Depending on Experience