SITU Fabrication is seeking a full-time Full Charge Bookkeeper to join our team. The individual will be a core member of our accounting team and work closely with the Administrative Assistant, Project Managers and Leadership across departments to maintain the health and efficacy of the company’s accounting processes. This is primarily an in-person position that requires a minimum of 4 days a week working on-premises.
Day-to-day, the person in this role will be responsible for performing all financial accounting operations including, but not limited to:
- Overseeing daily bookkeeping by posting transactions and ensuring accuracy
- Collecting weekly timesheets and time clock entries and processing weekly payroll
- Entering and processing A/P and A/R; paying bills to vendors, sending invoices to clients, and managing collections
- Managing journal entries and reconciling accounts for month-end and year-end close
- Performing bank, credit card and loan account reconciliations
- Managing and submitting monthly and quarterly sales tax filings
- Ensuring quality control over financial transactions and reporting; identifying and addressing errors and discrepancies
- Maintaining organized financial accounting recordkeeping and filing
- Associates degree in a related field or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Minimum (3-5) years experience in a similar role, at least some of it in a smaller company
- Advanced proficiency with Quickbooks Online
- Proficiency with Google Workspace (Drive, Docs, Sheets) and MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Experience creating financial statements, general ledger functions, and the month-end / year-end close process
- Experience carrying out A/P, A/R and collections functions
- Familiarity with U.S. GAAP principles
- Some HR administration or office management experience a plus
- Ability to complete work in a timely fashion and to accommodate shifting priorities when requested.
- Ability to work in an office environment, with some noise, vibrations and dust due to factory proximity
- Strong communication skills and excellent organization
- Ability to work in teams as well as independently, under indirect supervision from Leadership
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
We offer great benefits, reasonable working hours, and the opportunity to support creative, thoughtful projects in a workshop and design studio environment. Benefits include employer health (including two fully funded options), dental, vision, life, and long-term disability insurance plans, three weeks paid vacation, and other perks such as subsidized CitiBike memberships and highly reduced parking passes through the Brooklyn Navy Yard. After a year of work, you are eligible to contribute to a 401(k) plan through the business, and SITU will match your contributions up to 4% of your annual pay.
SITU is an unconventional practice that uses design, research, and fabrication for creative and social impact. The company was founded in 2005, in Brooklyn, New York, by four friends studying architecture at the Cooper Union. We’ve shaped our practice out of the multi-disciplinary style of our education, and have grown through working with clients who value a progressive approach to problem-solving. We now employ a staff of 30+ people.
Our practice is composed of three divisions—Studio, Research, and Fabrication—that work collaboratively while providing individual services. This keeps prototyping, research and development, and hands-on craft elemental to our creative process.
$70,000 - $80,000/yr.
Please send your application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Full Charge Bookkeeper.'
- a cover letter telling us about yourself, what excites you about the opportunity, and what you can bring to the position
- your resume
- three (3) references
No phone calls, please.
SITU is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusivity in the workplace and beyond. We encourage all of our employees to bring their full, authentic, and multifaceted selves into the company. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status. We highly encourage all qualified candidates to apply.