Jensen Architects is an award-winning, 24-person, design-oriented architecture firm located in downtown San Francisco. Our studio is currently engaged in a variety of creative design work including cultural, educational, residential, workplace, and mixed-use projects of various scales. We’re interested in a critical approach to design, engaging contemporary culture, and exploring innovative construction techniques in search of design solutions that are elegant, effective, and environmentally sensitive. Our studio offers workplace flexibility with staff working in the office and remotely.
The available position is full-time with salary and benefits commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications. We’re looking for an energetic and motivated designer to join our collaborative studio; successful candidates will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in architecture
- 5-10 years of experience in a professional architecture office
- Superior design aptitude and passion for design excellence
- Positive attitude and comfort working in a collaborative manner
- Excellent communication and proven track record managing design delivery process
- Comprehension of all phases of design/project delivery including scheduling, budgeting, design, permitting, construction documents, and construction administration
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of the architectural design process, detailing, building materials and construction methods, building codes, and comprehensive understanding of entitlements process
- Strong drafting, 3D modeling, and presentation skills
- Deep working knowledge of Revit; minimum 3 years working with program in a professional office on 2-3 different project types and scales
Interested candidates are to submit a current resume and complete portfolio demonstrating both design work and working drawings in a single PDF file 10 MB max file size (please do not send separate cover letter, resume and portfolio files), online portfolios will not be reviewed. Please send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Intermediate Architect Level Position” in the subject heading.
Jensen Architects is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We welcome diverse candidates to apply. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.