This is a fully competent professional level position requiring knowledge of architectural graphics, CADD drafting methods and techniques, building systems and codes. This individual will prepare sketches, preliminary and final working drawings, and construction documents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Develops complete set of construction documents including plans, elevations, details, sections, etc.
- Uses appropriate references to research and make decisions regarding technical detailing of building systems.
- Coordinates with Specifications staff and other specialists to ensure technical issues are resolved appropriately and documents are accurate and complete.
- Uses appropriate materials and equipment to develop documents; uses CADD skills in preparation of drawings and documents.
- Ensures technical integrity of documents using knowledge of applicable code, life safety systems, standards, etc.; in preparation and/or review of design and construction documents.
- May lead the work of other architectural staff in the development, printing and distribution of documents.
- May assist in site development, plan layout design, materials selection and may develop construction cost estimates.
- May perform some Project Architect work including consultant coordination duties and/or client interface throughout the project.
- May require domestic travel to visit clients and/or project sites
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture or related field required.
- Architectural License desired.
- Minimum four years’ experience in construction document preparation or other architectural design or technical development work required.
- Knowledge of construction materials, standards and codes required.
- CADD proficiency required. Intermediate level experience using Revit and/or 3-D modeling programs desirable.
- Communicates clearly and concisely; both orally and in writing.
- Works effectively within a collaborative team environment.
- Completes tasks with accuracy and with strong attention to detail.
- Consistently meets deadlines, completing tasks as previously defined.
- Works with integrity, trust and commitment, setting an example for others.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Effectively works on Personal Computer platforms, including programs such as Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office suite.
- Normal office environment with moderate noise levels, occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs., regular walking, sitting, bending, twisting, standing, and reaching.
We work hard at Graphite but recognize the importance of having fun while doing what we love. Social activities and group events are encouraged, like participating in community and volunteer events, sports teams, regular sketch group lunchtime outings, and monthly “happy hours” to celebrate new employees and birthdays, just to name a few.
We support flexible hours with our telecommuting policy while providing comprehensive and competitive benefits including full medical, dental, vision, disability, 401(k) matching and a commuter subsidy.
Employee development and growth are part of Graphite’s DNA, and we provide regular learning, training, and opportunities to attend conferences of interest and report back to the greater group.
At Graphite, design is a collaborative experience in which we encourage every employee to share their creativity, whether in team charrettes or everyday work, believing the best ideas remain yet to be discovered.
If you are the successful candidate align with our Core Values of Integrity, Technical Know-How, Exceptional Client Service and Stewardship, and you are a positive individual who works well independently as well as part of a dynamic and highly qualified team.
Applicants that meet the job description requirements will be considered. Please submit your cover letter, resume & portfolio (10mb max, no online links, PDF only) referencing Intermediate Architectural Staff in the subject line of your correspondence to: Info@graphitedesigngroup.com
Graphite is a creative, award winning architecture and interior design firm based in Seattle, WA.
We are a group of architects dedicated to the idea that thoughtfully designed architecture has the ability to positively impact everyone who touches it – owners, developers, builders, tenants, and neighbors alike.
Our work is a mix of Commercial Office, Mixed-use, High and Low-rise Residential, Retail stores and programs, Retail Centers, Financial Services, Data Centers, and Community Centers in support of Graphite’s charitable endeavors. We are looking for talented, creative, inquisitive, and self-motivated individuals to join our like-minded design team.