JG Neukomm Architecture PLLC is an award-winning New York City architecture and interior design studio recognized for notable residential, multi-residential, hospitality, and commercial projects. Our mid-sized firm and diverse staff give studio members guidance and leadership opportunities with experience in all aspects of the many types of projects we are designing in NYC and beyond. Please view our work at www.jgnarch.com.
We seek a full-time Intermediate Interior Designer with 5+ years of post-graduate, professional experience. Applicants should possess exceptional, demonstrated design talent, be self-driven and motivated, and thrive in a collaborative environment.
The position will involve:
- Working closely with the principal and senior staff on all project phases, from initial concept design through installation.
- Engaging in design studies, 3D representation, product and material research.
- Understanding space and site considerations, and client requirements to determine their impact on designs.
- Coordinating with architecture team, vendors, manufacturers, and fabricators to integrate their work into unified design solutions.
- Producing FF&E documents, including spec books, budgets, and custom furniture drawings.
- Assisting in the purchasing, delivery, and installation of FF&E.
- Updating and helping organize the material library.
Qualities of the ideal candidate will include:
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design or related field.
- Proven track record in complex, high-end interiors, and eagerness to learn about scheduling and budgeting.
- 5+ years of full-time post-graduate experience.
- Experience in selecting, specifying, and detailing interior finishes and custom furniture.
- Strong knowledge of furniture construction, materials.
- Good vendor network for both off-the-shelf and custom products
- Extremely organized, and able to track long lead items.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Suite. Knowledge of Studio Designer a plus.
- Excellent rendering skills. Hand sketching ability a plus.
Our studio highly values a healthy, fun, and collaborative work environment, and we have a solid track-record of mentoring junior designers to advance to more senior positions in the firm. We offer a robust, comprehensive benefit package including employer provided (100%) medical insurance with annual Health Savings Account contributions, annual bonus, paid time off (3 weeks starting), IRA retirement account (after 6 months), parental leave, and excellent professional development programs.
If this role aligns with your interests and ambitions, but you feel you don’t meet all the qualifications as listed here, please apply anyway! We are interested in candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
JGNA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or gender identity or expression. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org