BarlisWedlick Architects is a mid-sized architectural and interior design practice located in New York City and Hudson, NY. We focus on residential architecture, non-residential architecture, interior design, passive house consulting, and comprehensive planning services. Our award-winning firm has built a reputation for expressive, sustainable places to live, work, and gather.
BarlisWedlick is a group of passionate individuals dedicated to a spirit of creative collaboration and cooperation. “As a member of our team, you will work with our tight-knit group of architects and designers on all phases of our projects, from early schematic design drawings, to construction documentation, and on through to project completion.
We have an opening for an Intermediate Project Architect in our Tribeca or Hudson office.
A well-rounded applicant must be able to demonstrate an understanding of high-end design, the ability to produce thoughtfully detailed construction drawings, and the skills to work on projects of varying size and scope.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Schematic design studies and design development documents
- Detailed construction and bid documents
- Coordination with consultants
- Construction administration including site meetings
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Extremely detail oriented multi-tasker
- Problem solver and strategic thinker
Required qualifications and experience:
- 4 - 6 years of professional experience
- Professional degree in architecture
- Excellent AutoCAD skills (we work almost exclusively in AutoCAD)
- Competency in Adobe and Microsoft Office programs
- Experience with SketchUp
- Ability to work on multiple projects, meet deadlines, and work collaboratively
- Excellent critical thinking and communication skills
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
We look forward to hearing from you!
BarlisWedlick is an equal opportunity employer. BW does not discriminate on the basis race, color, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, family, or parental status.
Our benefit package includes 2-weeks of paid vacation (to start), paid holidays (including office closure the last week of the year), a 401k plan, and health insurance (medical and dental). Our firm’s leaders are dedicated to your professional development throughout your career and will support your career growth.
Salary Range for this role is $60k-75k, depending on experience.
Applicants should email a cover letter, resume, and work samples in a single pdf file (10mb max) to email@example.com, with the subject heading “Intermediate Architect 2023”.