LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT - Construction Administration
OJB is an award-winning landscape architecture design practice with locations in Texas, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, and California. Our clients include well known architectural firms, private developers, municipal governments, colleges and universities, companies, and non-profit agencies.
OJB is committed to equitable practice, and we attained a Just 2.0 label, a program launched by The International Future Living Institute, in 2022. Learn more about the label and our social justice and equity practices on our website at www.ojb.com.
OJB is currently accepting applications from Project Landscape Architects with at least 5 years of experience. Experience should include demonstrated success in project delivery and construction. Positions are immediately available in our Boston, Houston and San Diego locations.
Construction Documentation Responsibilities
- Manage and oversee the coordination and documentation of construction document packages. Generate necessary drawings and details required to communicate design intents.
- Coordinate design & documentation with other consultants on the design teams. Attend and lead coordination meetings. Manage subconsultant deliverables.
- Provide creative & technical solutions to complex design problems.
- Perform quality control examination of construction documents to ensure accuracy of deliverables. Effectively communicate and resolve quality control issues and conflicts with designers, architects, and sub consultants.
- Development of project specifications & bid documents
- Assist project team with obtaining permits
- Manage project delivery schedule and ensure project deliverables are issued on time and on budget.
Construction Administration Responsibilities
- Manage the review of project RFI’s, Submittals, mock-ups, and change orders.
- Manage delivery of project drawing revisions and bulletins.
- Conduct site visits and generate field reports. Inspect installations and ensure compliance with the construction documents. Work closely with contractors and clients to ensure projects are built successfully.
- Generate preliminary project construction budgets.
- Perform constructability review of project deliverables prior to the documents being issued. Assist designers in the generation of custom details.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management.
- Proficiencies, experience, and skill-sets necessary to performing the required job responsibilities.
- Experience working with project teams to produce construction documents for complex projects.
- Experience in Construction Administration and/or experience overseeing the construction of projects.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively to others.
- Experience directing the work of others to produce results.
- Demonstrated technical skills, attention to detail and problem-solving ability.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, LandFX, Bluebeam, SketchUp, Revit, and MS Office
- Professional licensure a plus but not required
Please apply directly to email@example.com
Compensation for this role is $80,000 - $105,000 and is based on experience
At OJB, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. OJB believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Human Resources Director