Who we are, and why you might like to work with us:
We are an integrated design firm with Architectural design + Interiors, Civil, Structural, Mechanical and Electrical engineering disciplines in-house. We believe that architects and engineers who possess a broad base of experience, and who work in concert within the same firm, offer our clientele the most efficient and creative solutions to their design needs. We strive to create solutions that are durable, adaptable, attractive and that can be delivered on time and within budget.
Responsibilities of the Position:
- This position reports directly to the Principal-In-charge for the project.
- The position requires daily coordination with the PIC, Director of Architecture, and project team.
- The position is directly responsible for the success of the project.
Background / Education
- Professional (NAAB Accredited) Degree in Architecture. Licensed to practice Architecture. NCARB Certificate in-hand or able to acquire once hired.
- 5-years min. in responsible charge of construction type II projects. Must have C.C.A. phase experience.
- Commercial, multi-family, office and local government work is beneficial.
- Experience with renovation, upfit and expansion projects is beneficial.
- Design-Build experience, or the desire to work in that environment, required.
- Industrial/Distribution/Logistics experience, or the desire to work on those types of projects, required.
- Enjoys working in a team environment with engineers, contractors, owners and building officials.
Knowledge and Skillset Requirements
- Self-starter with the ability to help develop and then execute our plan for success for the project.
- Must be motivated to be a contributor to the project team and play a role in refining our work process, expanding our base of expertise, and maintaining our quality of service.
- Must have good graphic, written and verbal skills in the appropriate media and software.
- Must have strong analytical skills to support program development and design detailing.
- Must be knowledgeable of applicable codes and regulations such as, ADAAG, FDA, FM Global, ICC, NFPA, and USDA, and able to research and analyze them to understand their application to new situations as they arise.
- Ability to sketch an idea while talking with a co-worker, or Contractor, to quickly illustrate the discussion at hand.
- Ability to travel if the project requires it.
- Must be fully motivated to meet the goals set for a project.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, MS Office Suite, Twin Motion, Photoshop, and similar software.
- Demonstrated ability to produce medium and large project documentation.
- You are a “get your hands dirty” type of Architect; you like all phases of a project.