This is a fully competent professional architect who works independently to lead and direct the work of the project team. This individual will manage the development and completion of one or more projects in a manner consistent with firm-wide standards for project delivery. This individual possesses overall project responsibility including client relationship, scheduling, budgeting and construction administration and is accountable for the quality of work performed, client service and profitability.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Defines client requirements and establishes project approach.
- Ensures that all required information for design and planning is obtained.
- Manages client/firm relationship and all contractor arrangements.
- Works closely with designers and project architect in establishing the project schedule, technical requirements, time and hour budgets; may select team members.
- Directs and reviews the work of project team members, provides performance feedback, ensures team members' skills and project requirements are appropriately matched.
- Researches and resolves problems; monitors project budget, schedule, and scope of work; negotiates fee changes as necessary.
- Reviews client billing and does A/R follow-up as necessary.
- Assists in marketing efforts to secure additional projects with existing clients and to expand current client base.
- May participate in preparation of proposals and may assist in presentation to the client and in contract negotiation.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Architecture or related field required.
- Architectural licensure desirable.
- Position requires 12 years of experience as a professional architect.
- Advanced knowledge of construction materials, standards and codes required.
- Minimum one year previous supervisory and personnel management required.
- CADD proficiency desired.
- Works effectively within a collaborative team environment.
- Completes tasks with accuracy and with strong attention to detail.
- Consistently meets deadlines, completing tasks as previously defined.
- Works with integrity, trust and commitment, setting an example for others.
- Communicates clearly and concisely; both orally and in writing.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Effectively works on Personal Computer platforms, including programs such as Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office suite, and MS Project.
- Normal office environment with moderate noise levels, occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs., regular walking, sitting, bending, twisting, standing, and reaching.
We work hard at Graphite but recognize the importance of having fun while doing what we love. Social activities and group events are encouraged, like participating in community and volunteer events, sports teams, regular sketch group lunchtime outings, and monthly “happy hours” to celebrate new employees and birthdays, just to name a few.
We support flexible hours with our telecommuting policy while providing comprehensive and competitive benefits including full medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage, 401(k) matching and a commuter subsidy.
Employee development and growth are part of Graphite’s DNA, and we provide regular learning, training, and opportunities to attend conferences of interest and report back to the greater group.
At Graphite, design is a collaborative experience in which we encourage every employee to share their creativity, whether in team charrettes or everyday work, believing the best ideas remain yet to be discovered.
If you are the successful candidate, you align with our Core Values of Integrity, Technical Know-How, Exceptional Client Service and Stewardship, and you are a positive individual who works well independently as well as part of a dynamic and highly qualified team.
Applicants that meet the job description requirements will be considered, please submit your cover letter, resume & portfolio (10mb max, no online links, PDF only) referencing “Project Manager Retail” in the subject line of your correspondence to: Info@graphitedesigngroup.com
Graphite is a creative, award winning architecture and interior design firm based in Seattle, WA.
We are a group of architects dedicated to the idea that thoughtfully designed architecture has the ability to positively impact everyone who touches it – owners, developers, builders, tenants, and neighbors alike.
Our work is a mix of Commercial Office, Mixed-use, High and Low-rise Residential, Retail stores and programs, Retail Centers, Financial Services, Data Centers, and Community Centers in support of Graphite’s charitable endeavors. We are looking for talented, creative, inquisitive, and self-motivated individuals to join our like-minded design team.