BBB is hiring enthusiastic design professionals to join its multi-disciplinary NY office Cultural Institutional and Educational Studio. The studio focuses on projects for premier institutions in the Northeast region and beyond and does work in all project stages, from programming and design to construction.
Our ideal candidate is excited about invigorating high-profile historic buildings through architectural design, brings a strong sense of design with technical grounding, actively seeks to develop innovative design concepts, and works both independently and collaboratively toward solutions.
In addition to working locally with a broad and diverse group of professionals at all stages of career development, new hires will collaborate virtually with BBB design professionals in the Boston and Washington DC offices. All BBB employees, including new hires, can participate in staff initiatives that advance professional skills, connect staff outside the realm of project work, and promote values of environmental and social well-being.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience (licensed)
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of projects primarily in construction.
- Considerable experience working on extensive renovations of existing and historic buildings.
- Excellent communication skills, specifically interacting with client and construction management teams
- Broad experience in project coordination and documentation, capable of guiding a complex consultant team
- Able to develop and document technical solutions across all phases of design. Complete understanding and demonstrated experience preparing comprehensive Construction Documents, including specifications.
- Strong graphic, oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Revit and design technology software.
This is a full-time position with excellent benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience and ability. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by submitting a resume, cover letter, and portfolio.
As an equal opportunity employer, Beyer Blinder Belle is committed to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace.