Design Collective, Inc. is looking for an experienced and energetic specifications writer for our Chicago, Illinois or Baltimore, Maryland office. We are a nationally recognized Baltimore-based architecture, planning, landscape architecture and interior design firm. Our work includes urban mixed-use, lifestyle retail, entertainment, K-12 and higher education, multi-family residential, and corporate, commercial, and civic market sector projects. We believe great employees make great companies and pride ourselves on recruiting the best and brightest. We’re talking about people who thrive on the excitement of collaboration and the discovery of new opportunities, like setting their own goals and working hard to achieve them.
The ideal candidate will have:
- The ability to work independently and with project teams to produce specifications and full project manuals on a variety of project types.
- Familiarity with a wide range of building types, materials, and construction systems
- Strong writing, editing and research skills
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Proven record as a team player
- Success working with teams, clients and sub-consultants and vendors
- Resourcefulness and creative thinking
- Demonstrated understanding of and willingness to work on all phases of the project design
The firm’s specification writer will work under the direction of the Principal in Charge of Quality Assurance/Quality Control to write, edit, and prepare specifications for Design Collective’s fast-paced, energetic 90+ person practice.
The candidate should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management or two to five years of Specification Production experience; architectural license or PE is preferred, CSI’s CDT certification is required, CCS is preferred and Construction Administration experience is a plus.
The applicant should be familiar with the various Microsoft Office products, Deltek MasterSpec, RIB Speclink, AIA Contract Documents, and the various CSI Format documents. This position would be for work in the Chicago, Illinois or Baltimore, Maryland office with some remote work possible.
Baltimore magazine included us in Best Places to Work 2019! Read about this on our website: http://www.designcollective.com.
We offer an above average benefits package; are an employee-owned company, which entitles employees to annual profit shares; company paid professional membership of your choice, professional development opportunities and much more.
Design Collective is an EOE. M/F/D/V employer.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.